Thrift shopping can be addictive!
How do you know if you’re a thrift store addict? Keep reading
1. Any ‘New’ Furniture has to be aired out before bringing it into the house
2. If anybody compliments you on your clothes your response is always, ‘thanks I got it from the thrift store’ or they automatically assume that’s where you got it from
3. Your only life regret is not getting that antique you left behind at the thrift store in 1982
4. When people come to your home they often ask, what’s that smell? and you know it’s the thrift store scent
5. You don’t have a junk drawer but an entire junk room of ‘treasures’ you found at the thrift store
6. When shopping in Target you can be heard scoffing at the prices from the next aisle saying this would be so much cheaper if I found it at the thrift store.
Get my 8 Page thrifting guide: The Art of Thrifting!
How to always get the best items
Thrifters buyer guide
Items to avoid at the thrift store
The thrifters stain chart
Top 10 books for thrifters
7. Your friends go to you before google to find the best thrift stores
8. Your significant other has forbidden you to thrift shop anymore, but you have so much stuff they don’t notice when you sneak things into the house
9. You go to the thrift store so often that you’re on a first-name basis with the employees and they hold items they think you will like
10. Your dry cleaning lady (or man) is always asking where you found the items you brought in because they automatically assume they were thrifted
11. You have not paid over $20 for an entire outfit (shoes and jewelry included) since you initially found out about thrifting
12. You know all of your friend’s measurements and clothes sizes because they’ve asked you to get cute things you may stumble upon while thrifting for them
13. You will vehemently debate someone if they group flea markets and thrift stores in the same category
14. Your idea of the perfect man is one that loves to thrift
15. You know all of the thrift store jingles by heart and hum along when they come on over the speaker while shopping
16. Your friends nick name for you is the Thrift Queen
17. You FEEL WEALTHTY every time you go shopping
18. Your family knows to expect thrifted Christmas and birthday gifts
While most of this is for comic relief, I can identify with most of the points, what about you?